Student Counselling Service
At JCU Brisbane, we offer individual counselling to students for both academic and personal reasons.
We know at times people experience issues that cause distress, counselling can help to identify and work through these. Our qualified counsellor will help you clarify the problem, explore your alternatives and find solutions.
Students see us for help with issues including their relationships, mental health and academic-related concerns. We encourage you to see us before a problem becomes a major issue.
- Individual counselling appointments
- Educational workshops (e.g. managing stress, bullying, homesickness)
- Support for academic issues
- Conflict resolution
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Referral to other services as appropriate
What can counselling help with?
Your issues don't have to be uni-related, and they don't have to be 'major'. Some of the issues we deal with include:
- Managing stress
- Relationship issues
- Family issues
- Finding friends, social skills
- Grief and Loss
- Academic concerns
- Mental Health issues
- Trauma, abuse or violence
- The impacts of physical illness
- Homesickness and adjustment to life at uni
- Drug and alcohol use
- Self esteem
9:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays)
Phone: 0459 826 955
Mindfulness Meditation Sessions:
Below is a list of useful mediation audio that the student counselling service recommends. The following mindfulness meditation by ABC Radio and Smiling Minds have been designed to support Uni Students.
Below is a list of useful mobile apps that the student counselling service recommends. They cover a range of personal help services, you can access at all times.