Bachelor of Business
JCU’s Bachelor of Business provides the solid foundations needed for a prosperous business career. Throughout the business community successful JCU graduates can be found in finance, tourism, mining, agriculture, export, real estate, technology, retail, leisure and entertainment, health, philanthropic and welfare organisations, education and manufacturing.
The degree has undergone a significant refresh to bring it in line with current global realities. The specific majors have been updated and the result is a well structured, professionally formulated world class degree. The program provides graduates with up-to-date, industry-relevant knowledge, skills, and experience to assist their transition into the professional business world. By the time they graduate, students possess and can apply the problem-solving and critical thinking skills that are so valued in today’s business world. Students start with the essentials, and then focus on their areas of interest and speciality.
JCU’s Bachelor of Business program has accreditation with, or is acknowledged by, key professional associations.
Depending on your study specialisation, on graduation you will be eligible to join:
- Australian Institute of Management (AIM)
- Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI)
- Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- Australian Amusement, Leisure & Recreation Association, Inc.
- Australian Institute of Travel & Tourism
- Australian Market & Social Research Society (AMSRS)
- Australian Tourism Export Council
- Catering Institute of Australia
- Certified Practising Accountants Australia (CPA Australia)
- Economic Society of Australia (QLD)
- Hotel & Catering International Management Association
- Inbound Tourism Organisation of Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (ICAA)
- Institute of Public Administration Australia
- Meeting Industry Association of Australia
There are a number of majors for you to choose from, every student must undertake at least one major:
Talk to your study planner to tailor a second major to suit your career aspirations.
Your Academic Pathway into the Bachelor of Business degree